Work-from-home jobs are what people are looking for in this new age of status quo. Having flexible schedules, online jobs have the convenience of performing the work without having to commute day in and day out. Consequently, this makes for lesser resources expended through saving gas, fare, and overall contribution to traffic. As each generation gets more exposed to technology and uses them in many ways (work, school, and business), the demand for web developers is at an all-time high. Because of the rapid rise, of the online space, netizens who are looking for their own web space grow in numbers.
This is where web developers come in. The creation and maintenance of websites, technical upkeep of online platforms, and their overall design are what web developers specialize in. They also ensure that the site made is tested, fully functional, and executes the web updates. Some of the skills needed to become a web developer are programming, coding, debugging, website design, user interface, and web design.
With that in mind, there are things to consider if you’d like to become a web developer. In the following lines, the details one must have in order to become a competent web developer are laid out.
Pros of working as a web developer:
- The web industry will always have room to improve and expand.
- Both your creativity and knowledge will be applied.
- The opportunity of working abroad is present.
- Your schedule is flexible.
- The work is versatile.
- It is high in demand, which means you will have a competitive salary.
Characteristics that will help you become an excellent web developer:
- Competence – being competent and not settling for the bare minimum will help improve the quality of your work.
- Patience – creating a website is a very rigorous job. One mistake can cause an error in the system, and updates will always be present; being patient will help you upgrade your website.
- Thoroughness – being meticulous helps you ensure that your project is of good quality.
- Communicative – communicating properly with your customer will help you make your work faster and satisfy the customer.
- Open to criticism – accepting criticisms and being open-minded will help you grow not only as a person but also as a worker.
How to make a web developer resume?
- Create a header – this should contain the basic information such as your full name, contact numbers, address, and email.
- State your objective – this part should contain a brief statement about your objective as a web developer.
- Emphasize your work experience – this is the part where you put your work experience, including your position and responsibilities.
- Highlight your educational hallmarks – describe your education, state your university, degrees, clubs, awards, and other achievements.
- List your skills – include all the skills you have, especially the technical ones, and describe your proficiency in each category.
What to do if you are a fresh graduate and you have no work experience?
- Try freelancing
- Join industry meetups. This will help you create connections.
- Use your connections, ask the people you know if they need a web developer
- Create your own website to put your knowledge and skills to use
Tips on how to improve your resume:
- When you state your work experience, include details that can help you improve your reputation – such as the company you worked for, your title, certifications, projects, and promotions.
- Make a summary for each section since the hiring manager may skim through your resume.
- In describing your education, make it short and straight to the point. Keep this section clean and organized.
- Include your Soft (general skills) and Hard Skills (specific technical skills). This will give them an idea of how you work with other people and how you assess yourself in order to improve.
With the topic circulating around the concept of the web, you can also find sites that can help you create a one-of-a-kind web developer resume. Another tip in making a resume, you can use the format header, objective, work experience, education, and skills. You can also use templates that can be found online for a more convenient process. Don’t be too wordy, since the hiring manager will have only so much time to read your resume. Personalize it to stand out and catch their attention. Lastly, always be open for improvement!