According to several professional surveys all around the world, the fact has surfaced up that a huge number of individuals suffer from heel pain in the foot. This medical condition is termed as plantar fasciitis. Most of the people develop this severe pain in their heels from over usage of the body part. It might happen from extreme exertion of pressure in the heel areas, long distance walks, heavy foot exercises, etc.
People who run or are athletes are the most affected by this disease. The condition can heal on its own in a significant percentage of the affected ones with adequate amount of rest. However, if your condition does not heal on its own, then the only option you can opt for is visiting your medical practitioner. He might suggest you to take a few meds but plantar fasciitis insoles are a must in the treatment of the condition. If you are suffering from the same issues recently, then go through the following article to get more in depth information on the same.
This gives a lot of relief to the aggrieved feet.
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
There is a thick band of tissue found in the lower portion of the feet. It runs from the heel bone connecting it to the toes. This tissue gets inflamed and causes pain. The function of this tissue band is to give a cushioning effect to the feet by acting as a shock absorber. But if the stress and tension on the tissue exceed, it then tears causing the pain. It basically supports the arch in the feet.
When people with this condition become affected, they experience immense pain in their feet when they take their first few steps in the morning after getting down from the bed or when the feet swing into motion after a period of rest. Gradually the pain decreases with the increase in the number of steps taken. With all these forms of treatment, the doctor will also suggest plantar fasciitis insoles be worn every day.
What Is The Treatment For Plantar Fasciitis?
There are a few modes of treatment for plantar fasciitis. There are numerous ways of treating the condition from surgery to using plantar fasciitis insoles every day. These methods are:
- Stretching and strengthening exercises that help the plantar fascia and the Achilles tendon to heal. The muscles in the lower leg also need to be exercised to help the ankles and the heel to remain stable.
- Some medicos used athletics tape which gives immense support to the lower portion of the foot.
- Night splints are another way of treating plantar fasciitis which aids in bending and buckling the foot. It also stretches the calf and the arches while in sleep. This holds the plantar fascia and the Achilles tendon in the correct position.
- One of the most common methods is using plantar fasciitis insoles which are created and designed to reduce the tension and pain, away from the plantar fascia with the arch in the feet. These soles will disperse the pressure on the soles more smoothly and evenly. If worn the whole day, it provides comfort to the feet the rest of the time. Pain relief tablets that are procured over the counter can also be of great help.
- Or else you can even apply ice on the feet as that alleviates the pain.
- Other than plantar fasciitis insoles, the shoes should also be very supportive in themselves.
Who Is Prone To Plantar Fasciitis?
With all the relief measures taken equally or even after wearing plantar fasciitis insoles every day, some people still tend to suffer from the condition. These people are bound to suffer because of their age, weight and the way their feet work. People who are on their feet all day are more prone to it. How your feet come in contact with the ground is also a decisive factor.
People who do high-impact exercises will also tend to suffer even if they wear plantar fasciitis insoles. Be careful of how you carry yourself and what you do everyday to avoid suffering from such medical conditions.
Features of The Insoles
The plantar fasciitis insoles must have certain features to be termed as effective. They should have adequate arch support, should absorb shock properly, the heel cushion should be aligned in a proper manner, the shoes should be accurately fitting, and they should also be affordable. If these conditions are met then you have the best insoles.
When you have found the best plantar fasciitis insoles for yourself, you should know that half your battle with the condition is won over.