F7 helmet And Its Background:
The F7 UR1 helmet is designed by Schutt Sports by using proprietary full contact pressure mapping of the athlete’s head. It is built with a “Pod and Pad” custom fit unique to the individual player, and is now commercially available.
The UR1 customization is adjustable for the lifespan of the helmet to accommodate changes to the athlete’s head or preferred fit. However, the player can completely reconfigure the helmet according to his fit.
“The Whole Fit is about how the helmet feels to an athlete, not about an off-the-shelf size. The UR1 custom helmet optimizes an athlete’s fit for peak performance “Kip Meyer, Schutt General Manager and Vice President of Sales and Marketing, made the observation. “The UR1 is the most adaptable, custom-configured football helmet in history.”
Head-To-Helmet Pressure Customization Protocol
The Schutt UR1-FC system generates a head-to-helmet pressure customization protocol specific to the individual athlete via a Fitting Helmet with instruments that touch the head.
The system captures the athlete’s head’s unique shape, overcoming data collection challenges like hairstyle and thickness variables. The Pressure Map and associated data allow the system’s virtual helmet to accurately portray a digital image of various pressure levels at the Pressure Map locations during the athlete’s custom fitting session. The UR1-FC Pod schemata corresponds to the Pressure Map. However, you need to adjust the virtual pods for the reaction of the UR1-FC pod. Thus, it generates visual pressure signals for each Pod.
The UR1 helmet’s “Pod and Pad” custom fit includes 17 locations. Thus, allowing for over 16 trillion possible configurations to tailor the fit to the athlete.
“Schutt designed the UR1 to enable athletes and equipment managers to skillfully adjust helmet pressure and fit to compensate for changes in the athlete’s experience, to environmental conditions, or to reconfigure the helmet for another player,” Meyer explained.
Players or equipment managers can purchase additional Pads and customize them to their liking. The UR1 also includes a lateral airliner for customizing the fit. The advantages and values of the UR1 helmet apply to athletes and teams at all levels of competition.
Schutt’s Three Dimensional Movement System (3DM)
Schutt’s Three Dimensional Movement System (3DM) places strategically placed Tectonic Plates on top of a layer of TPU cushioning. Therefore, it makes the F7 the first helmet to feature padding on the outside of a shell.
The plates move independently of the helmet in multiple directions. Moreover, they assist in the management of rotational energy and the absorption of impacts. These two plates also give the helmet a distinct appearance, making it easy to identify on the field. A new, larger twist release bumper in the front and a back bumper with an aggressive saw tooth design complete the look.
The innovations continue inside the helmet, with a new Radian Diffusion System liner. The liner, which is black with blue accents, moves independently of the helmet, adding another layer of protection. Learn more about clean non-removable helmet liner for better understanding.
To protect one of the most common impact zones, a multi-layered front pad combines TPU, vinyl nitrile, and comfort foam. The helmet also includes tried-and-true Schutt protection features such as TPU cushioning and a helmet stabilization system in the jaw area for a locked-in feel. For a perfect fit, the helmet comes with a white soft cup chinstrap and jaw pads.
Specifications Of An F7 Helmet:
The F7 Professional series includes a titanium faceguard and quarter-turn loop straps as standard.
1. TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) Cushioning:
Thermoplastic urethane(TPU) cushioning is football’s most advanced impact absorption system. This type of cushioning has been shown to absorb more impact over a wider range of temperatures than any other helmet on the market.
2. 3-Dimensional Motion Plate Tectonics
Tectonic Plates incorporate an additional TPU Cushion and move independently of the helmet in multiple directions, improving the helmet’s performance against rotational forces. They are strategically located in the most impacted areas of the helmet.
3. Helmet Stabilization System (HSS)
The HSS incorporates a larger, more comfortable jaw pad configuration, as well as both internal and external stabilizers, and high-performance impact foam – all wrapped in soft, durable, and comfortable synthetic leather. The HSS frames your face and provides a secure, “locked-in” feeling inside the helmet.
4. Design of a Flexural Resistance Shell
These design approaches, which are engineered into the shell’s back shelf and temporal side wings, improve the structure, strength, and durability of the shell while increasing the area for TPU Cushioning in high-impact areas and improving impact absorption.
- Firstly, it is a multi-layered helmet with five levels of protection, including protection outside the helmet shell.
- Secondly, its tectonic plates produce a one-of-a-kind three-dimensional movement system.
- Thirdly, these Plates move in all directions for better rotational energy management. These plates sit on top of an additional layer of TPU.
- The Radian Diffusion System liner promotes independent movement from the helmet, which helps to protect against rotational forces.
- Moreover, it has TPU, vinyl nitrile, and comfort foam front pad wrapped in a form-fitting liner
- Inside the helmet, TPU cushioning provides the most advanced impact absorption across all temperature levels. They may serve the same purpose as ventilated motorcycle helmets for hot weather.
- The Helmet Stabilization System frames your face for a secure feel.
- External cheek stabilizers help to keep the ear flap in place.
- Internal cheek stabilizers provide additional protection and reinforcement.
- For a smooth feel, fireman’s leather jaw pads are used.
- It also uses a liner that inflates for a custom fit
- F7 faceguards are specially designed to work with the helmet to provide protection and a wide field of vision.
- This helmet also offers Resistance to flexure and temporal design.
- The Twist Release System allows for simple facemask attachment.
- The particular model also includes clips for standard facemasks. This model does not include the quarter turns shown in the video.
- These helmets come with a white soft cup chinstrap.
In conclusion, we can say that F7 helmets are quite useful and handy. Firstly, they have improved and innovative liners technology. Secondly, the TPU cushioning is the cherry on the top. Lastly and most importantly, they protect your head better than any other helmet.